I have moved
After five years, I think it's time for something new. Thanks to rebonding, I refuse to get out of the house because I can't wash my hair for five days. So I made a new lj account and a new layout to pass the time. Yay.
Either the cats outside are mating like crazy or they're very happy. It is disturbing.
I'm reposting from Aidz's lj. If you're Atenean, read this. If you're La Sallian with no sense of humor, don't even click.
ADDED NOTE: I am Atenean and so are most of my LJ friends. School spirit tends to run pretty high these days so if you're not one of us, proceed to the comments with caution. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.***This was written by Miguel Antonio Lizada and was taken from www.animoateneo.com
This started as three separate entries in my blog I must be honest and say that this was nothing but a mere product of boredom. I wrote this after re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and after asking myself "What would Ateneo be like if it was attacked by Voldemort and his dark creatures".
Friends who read my blog forwarded this to their friends who in turn forwarded it to their friends. At the request of my colleagues here in AnimoAteneo.com and people who have enjoyed this, I have edited and polished this story as well as added a few new elements to it.
Just a few pre-reading reminders:
This, in essence is a parody of Ateneo life. Yes, there are of course anti-school and UAAP-based jokes here and there but this mainly satirizes Ateneo life - the people, the language, the culture etc.
This is also a parody of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Its ending resembles the ending of the Harry Potter book. So if you have not yet read the book and you do not wish to be spoiled, I must warn you to read at your own risk.
My thanks to those who have enjoyed what-used-to-be-just-a-time-filler and to those who contributed several suggestions.( Ang Saraaaaaaaaaaap Maging AtenistaCollapse )***
LOL at Bienvenido Adolfo, Sir Lozada's Spartans, and all the inside jokes. Ahahaha... Pati yung Meron Pond at DLRT nadamay eh.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. Diamonds or Pearls?
Pearls. I look better wearing them. Diamonds get dull very easily.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
The one I actually watch on TV is CSI:NY. I don't even watch the Vegas (Sara Sidle talks funny) or Miami ones. I just find the NY cast more interesting. The ones I watch on DVD however... let's just say I ace Maguyon's bonuses. ALL THE TIME.
5. What did you have for breakfast?
Peanut butter sandwiches.
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Japanese and Filipino.
8. What food do you dislike?
Exotic Filipino cuisine. No dinuguan or lengua for me. Or squid in any shape or form.
9. Your favorite Potato chip?
Lay's Potato Chips. Salt and Vinegar yumyumyum.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
The only entire albums I listen to are movie scores so... the 300 sountrack tops my list.
11. What kind of car do you drive?
My sister's Vios.
12. Favorite sandwich?
13. What characteristics do you despise?
14. Favorite item of clothing?
My black tank top.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
I want to go back to Russia. You can just drown in the history.
16. What color is your bathroom?
White and blue.
17. Favorite brand of clothing?
No particular brand. I buy my underwear from M&S though, they make good panties. TMI ba? Hahaha.
18. Where would you want to retire?
Retire?? NEVER! XD
19. Favorite time of day?
20. Where were you born?
21. Favorite Sports to watch?
Basketball and tennis.
22. Who do you least expect to send this back?
23. Person who will respond first?
24. What laundry detergent do you use?
I don't know. Surf ata eh.
25. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke. Actually, I can't tell the difference. Pepsi's supposedly sweeter. I don't drink soda that much anyway.
26. Are you a morning person or night owl?
27. What size shoe do you wear?
28. Favorite animal?
Ummm... orcas are really, really cute.
29. Any news you'd like to share with everyone?
I brought my ancient laptop to school last Friday.
30. What did you want to be when you were little?
31. Favorite candy bar?
Tofi Luk ba yun... the one Margaux gave me during Theo class to keep me awake. It was heavenly. I tried to buy from the vendo afterwards but the evil machine ate my 12 pesos.
32. What are your favorite childhood memories?
Playing with the neighbors every afternoon.
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
34. What is your favorite color?
Red and orange. These days I like anything green.
Wil, Willy Billy, Silly Willy (salamat Mel), Siobe, Siobs
Two on my left earlobe, one on my right.
37. Eye color?
38. Ever been to Africa?
No. I want to...
39. Ever been toilet papering?
40. Ever loved someone so much it made you cry?
Hmmm. I think I did once, a long time ago.
41. Ever been in a car accident?
Yes. Wow. That Promenade incident with Vani and Nice.
44. Favorite restaurant?
World Topps and Omakase
45. Favorite ice cream?
46. Favorite flower?
I don't know any. Ummmm... the flattened Malaysian Mums (tama ba) I use as a bookmark.
47. Disney or Warner Brothers?
48. Favorite fast food restaurant?
49 What color is your bedroom carpet?
50. How many times did you take your drivers test?
51. Before this one, from whom did you get your last email?
Org spam ni Roy. Kidding. Haha.
52. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
As uncomfortable as it would make me, I'd go out with a bang at Girbaud.
53. What do you do most often when you are bored?
Websurf or watch TV.
55. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire?
56. Last person you went to dinner with
My dinners at home are usually alone since our schedules are all screwed up.
57. What are you listening to right now?
Sarah McLachlan. I still haven't redownloaded my iPod songs.
59. Do you have a hobby?
60. Lake, Ocean or River?
61. How many tattoos do you have?
62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Sabi nung grade school CLE teacher, si God daw. Haha.
63. How many people are you sending this to?
Posting it on LJ.
64. What materialistic thing would you ask for if you had one wish to make?
Pwede three? A Macbook Pro. Geeky ba? Hahaha. Second, my own car (AUTOMATIC pls, I tend to nearly-kill people in manual). Third, all the fabulous clothes in the world. I'm such a girl like that.
OH MAI GAD 'yang game na yan, I was nearly in seizures during the last few seconds. Fucking hell, nakakainis, Gin had extra tickets but I didn't look at my cellphone since I was at a party! *bangs head on the table, wall, and floor multiple times*
Anyway, like everyone else, sigawan kami ni Kyle sa bahay. Actually I was doing 99% of the screaming. Especially yung mga sagutan na shots.
me: Yes! 2 points!
Kyle: 2 points din La Salle.
me: Nooooooo! Yes! 2 points ulit!
Kyle: 2 points ulit La Salle.
me: (*$(#*&$)(~~~!!!!!!! Turn that thing off, I can't stand it, I cannot! I cannot! The stress is killing meeeeeeee!
Kyle: Para kang sira, umalis ka nanga.
Dagdag pa yung mga freethrows ng La Salle and fouls by Ateneo, and I was frothing at the mouth. Virtually in tears. And every other sorry-ass imagery that comes to mind. Then Whatshisnamehoffer's shot failed to beat the buzzer and it was the most beautiful slow-motion replay I've ever seen in my life. HOMAYGAS.
PS: Thanks to Chuckie for updating me on the scores when I was in church. Got a bit carried away by the exclamation points, you might've thought I was mad hahaha.
I have just learned a new net acronym while reading through some comments on one of Gin's entries.OMGWTFBBQ
Ahahahaha. Ang kulet. Oh my God, what the fuck, barbecue? Barbecue ba? Anyway it cracks me up. ROFLMAO @_@
Oh yeah, new LJ layout courtesy of me dumpster diving through Kim's iBook for some of her cool trash.
For those of you who haven't watched Snatch yet, watch it. I first saw it back in high school and it's remained my all-time favorite movie. If you've watched it only once, watch it again. It's more than likely that you've missed something good. Here, I'll even put up a link:http://youtube.com/watch?v=57wYn5ZTYeo
It isn't edited so all the cussing's still there. Kinda difficult to understand if you're not accustomed to less-refined British accents (Cockney). It's also close to impossible to decipher what the hell Mickey (Brad Pitt) the Pikey's saying so thank God for the subtitles. The humor is always dripping with sarcasm which I believe is its crowning glory. Again, I love it to death. Guy Ritchie is a genius."I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from eh?" -Vinny
1. What's your ID number?
2. Passed or waitlisted?
3. How did you know about the ACET results?
-- Slim texted me. I'd just finished eating breakfast and was climbing the stairs when I read her message. Wow, I still remember. LOL
4. Was Ateneo your first choice?
-- Not really... It kinda tied at second place with La Salle. My first choice was UP.
5. Do you know what your ACET score is?
6. What course was your first choice?
-- BS MIS
7. Second choice?
-- BS Management. I think. Or it could have been Comtech
8. Ano course mo ngayon?
-- BS MIS
9. Did you have any plans of shifting?
-- I used to but due to unfortunate circumstances, I chose to stay in MIS. I love my coursemates anyway.
10. Chinito/chinita ka ba?
-- In Ateneo standards, yes. In ICA standards, no.
11. Taga-Ateneo High?
12. Did you have fun in your OrSem?
-- Hmmm... I have fun laughing at my OrSem. It was a pretty gruelling experience though.
13. Saang gate ka pumasok nung first day?
-- Gate 2! I think I was with Aidz during my first day.
14. Are you staying in a dorm?
15. Ever had an F in your grade report?
-- Thank God no.
16. How about an A?
17. Highest grade?
18. Lowest grade?
19. Worst experience in ADMU?
-- Occasional feelings of inadequacy.
20. Do you always attend class?
-- Yesss. *hangs head in shame*
21. What's/what are your org/orgs?
--- I have a lot but I prioritize MISA and Celadon. Then again, I have to make time for ACMG now...
22. How many units have you passed?
--- Three and a half years worth of units. I'm too lazy to count.
23. Nangangarap ka bang maglaude?
-- Hindi na. Only in my dreams.
24. When will you graduate?
-- March 2008!
25. Fave subject/s?
-- Western History, SA, Psychology, Philosophy, PE101 (Sir Lem!)... Yes, I love my core subjects more than my majors, which I heard is a sign that I'm in the wrong course but I already know that so...
26. Worst subject/s?
-- Tsshhhh. Math 11, Accounting, Statistics, Finance, basta I hate, hate, hate the maths, why does ADMU have to make them so hard, I heard they were so easy in other schools.... Nakakainis eh. Pang pull down ng QPI.
27. Fave landmark sa ADMU?
-- Faura Hall. It's always so dim and cozy. Home sweet home. For some reason, kahit gaanong kainit, it's always cool in Faura.
28. Fave kainan?
-- Manang's for their liempo, ISO for their sizzling sisig, and Gourmet Rice Meals for their chicken tenders (made up of about 70% flour but I have an unhealthy obsession for them anyway)
29. How do you get to school?
-- Car or LRT.
30. Are you always at the lib?
-- Fairly often when I have to cram.
31. Ever gone to the infirmary when you were sick?
-- Oh yesh. Suki nila ako ng band-aids since my shoes always kill my feet.
32. Do you have a crush in campus?
-- Yes. Crush ko yung statue ni Horacio dela Costa. Ideal height siya ng lalake eh. Runner-up si St. Ignatius na nakaluhod at may sword. Runner-up kasi laging may ibon sa ulo niya eh, it's bad for our relationship.
33. May balak kang mag-MS, PhD?
-- Yes, yes. Dunno what major to take though. I'd love to get a degree in Psychology.
34. Have you ever watched a graduation ceremony?
-- Yup, my sister's.
35. Do you know the "Song for Mary" by heart?
-- No. Ahahahaha. I just hum so I don't look stupid. I love the fist thing though. I know the cheers by heart and they're mostly gibberish so what does that say about me?
36. Memorize mo ba ang Fabilioh?
37. ...ang Halikinu?
38. ...ang Blue Eagle Spelling?
39. Are you part of Team Ateneo?
40. Who's your fave UAAP basketball player?
-- JC Intal syempre.
41. Ever had a perfect score in an exam?
42. Ano ang ayaw mo sa Hell Week?
-- The stress.
43. Dito ka ba natuto uminom ng beer?
-- No, I've been drinking since high school. Dito ako nag-umpisang uminom hanggang sa maging tipsy.
44. What do you like about our school?
-- The campus, the culture, the people, the profs... Everything except the stress.
45. Ano ang ayaw mo?
-- The stress. Oh yeah, and the math.
46. Have you ever bought anything at the A-shop?
-- Yup. One bumper sticker and a shirt that says "Intal Inside" because I'm a shameless Intal fangirl.
47. Maganda ba ID pic mo?
-- It's not bad, actually. Magaling magpicture si Gian. He took the shot with one hand while trying to distract me with the other.
48. Done anything illegal on campus?
-- The farthest I've gone was not wearing my ID.
49. Bought anything at National Katips?
50. Ever gone to Starbucks Katips?
51. May nakaaway ka na ba sa school?
-- Yeah... :(
-- 4.0. No really, yes really, no really. :P
Ateneo won! Woohoo! Finallyyyyyyyy! Hindi ko lang nagustuhan yung bastos na cheer ng mga La Sallites. Animo La Salle, Beat Ateneo?
Tssss... Naghahanap ng gulo eh. Still, it was a great game. The Archers fought hard to the very end. Ang tagal pa. I watched the first quarter in the Caf, but everyone was actually taller than me so I couldn't see the screen properly. I went home, turned on the television and saw that the game wasn't over yet. Overtime! I was screaming by the time Ateneo won. Hahaha.
Yes, my game reviews suck just like my movie reviews. :P Mas masaya manood eh, sorry! Anyway, the guys do the blow-by-blow analysis better.( HP7 SpoilersCollapse )
Watched Transformers last night. Risa, Jorge, and I had to go to Market! Market! since Promenade was packed. So we ended up getting Krispy Kreme donuts from Greenhills then hightailing it all the way to Fort Bonifacio (where there was also a Krispy Kreme ngek ngek ngek) in time for the 10pm screening.||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I'm so proud of Shia Labeouf! I've been a fan of him since Even Stevens. For someone to have been that young to have mastered comedic cues was amazing. Now he's finally getting some great movies yay.
I will now review Tranformers in bullet form because I can barely string together coherent sentences right now.
- Fernando Sucre! LOL
- Giant robots!
- Sexy cars!
Darth Vader Optimus Prime! Haha. Yes, I know I've just annoyed a whole lotta Transformers geeks.
- Michael Bay cheese is love.
- Michael Bay signature camera movements is love as well.
- Michael Bay signature mid-action slow motion is NOT love.
So Chua's named us the Cerrada Snooze Crew. Haha. Cute. Appropriate nga naman since we're always shacking up at Jo's in Urdaneta, Makati. And since none of us got to celebrate our birthdays with each other this year, we're going out one of these days to spend what's left of our money and mourn the loss of our teenage years (ano????).